Position Title: Business Manager
Lady Dye Yarnsis a woman-owned, eco-friendly yarn business that creates vibrant and colorful hand-painted yarns and accessories inspired by street art and city living. Our unique designs and colorways draw inspiration from contemporary, urban culture and street art.
Lady Dye Yarns is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Lady Dye Yarns is seeking a business partner to manage the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy, including but not limited to: professionally done, attractive literature and promotional materials that present the company’s products and services in a professional manner; trade show and conference attendance; speaking engagements; and vendor opportunities.
- Responsible for contributing to the company’s strategic growth plan via annual business audits, evaluations and submission of multi-year business plans.
- Responsible for contractual negotiations.
- In conjunction with the owner, develop and then guide new product programs to ensure sustained profit growth within the product line and across the company.
- In conjunction with the owner, develop a pricing policy and ensure price maintenance, price schedules, evaluation and approval of off-list prices.
- Responsible for sales/margin/profit growth.
- Interacting with customers/clients and vendors.
- Responsible for staffing.
- Have a business acumen
- Financial management
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including oral presentations and business writing
- Ability to act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to prioritize and resolve issues
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to work in a team, and lead teams
- Demonstrate the ability to have a customer/client focus
This position will manage an Accountant and Administrative Assistant/Intern Coordinator.
This would require the ability to dye yarn, lift large bucket of dye-baths, lift boxes, and set up large items for trade shows.
This position requires up to 40 percent travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experience having 2 or more direct reports a plus.
Initially this person will work out of their home and must have reliable transportation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with “Business Manager” in the subject line to
Diane Ivey at diane (at) ladydyeyarns (dot) com.