Production & Administrative Coordinator
We are excited to add to our team a new role focused on providing excellent customer service and fulfilling administrative duties. This position will be a key member of our operations team. The timely communication that this team member will be responsible for ensuring is essential to maintain our strong relationships with our large and growing customer base. An extremely organized professional with a high level of attention to detail will thrive in this role, where they will be developing and maintaining systems to support smooth operations.
We are looking for someone who is a team member who is comfortable working in a fast-paced creative environment. This position is great for someone looking for long term employment with opportunities for growth and development. This position is based in Boston and requires 40 hours per week.
Lady Dye Yarns (LDY) is a Boston-based, Black woman-owned business founded by Diane Ivey. Starting in 2011 selling hand-dyed yarns to friends and family, LDY has grown to a national recognized brand in the crafting industry, known for its leadership in craftivism as well as its one-of-a-kind hand-dyed yarns and accessories. LDY has developed a loyal following through cultivating club and kit collaborations with other BIPOC businesses in the crafting industry.
Lady Dye Yarns is a crafting business consisting of a diverse group of individuals. We are committed to including those from different races, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic statuses, religious backgrounds, sizes, genders, gender identities & expressions, and sexual orientations. Working with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) is the cornerstone of our brand and what we stand for.
Diversity, inclusion, craftivism, and socioeconomic awareness are also a central part of the Lady Dye Yarns mission. We believe in investing, encouraging, and celebrating diverse voices in our crafting community. It is our commitment to highlight and elevate these voices and talents so they may access better economic opportunities and growth.
- Utilize excellent customer service and communication to answer and respond to emails
- Utilize excellent customer service and communication skills to generate template responses and deliver timely responses to a high volume of individual customer communications via email and social media
- Process customer refunds using WordPress and WooCommerce
- Maintain up-to-date customer information in ShipStation
- Assist operations colleagues to troubleshoot missing items
- Prep Yarn
- Twist Yarn
- Package orders daily
- Computer work including printing shipping labels and some customer service
- Minor custodial duties
- Must be able to lift 10lbs-20lbs
- Must be able to work with other team members in a casual but in a high pace environment.
- Must be able to deal with constant shipping deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree
Skills & Experience:
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to advancing diversity and equity in the crafting industry for BIPOC and marginalized communities
- Experience in WordPress, ShipStation, and Klaviyo (will train if necessary)
- Experience in the textile and crafting industry
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making
- Result Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Competency
Lady Dye Yarns does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Application Submission Form
Please complete the form below to submit your application.